We have an immediate need for a Business Development Director to join our team.
We need a full or part time (30-40 hours a week) Business Development Director to develop and implement our strategic development strategy. Job duties include driving membership; relationship building and engaging members and sponsors in organizational activities; grant writing, and event planning. The Business Development Director reports to the Executive Director. This position has the opportunity to continue on a part-time or full-time basis depending on performance and financial health of the organization. We work in a virtual environment – US Eastern time zone preferred. This position will be either contract or full time.
- Create and implement annual business development plan
- Lead and manage the organization’s overall business development efforts to raise an annual budget of $1,000,000.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors, and individual donors
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy
- Develop and manage the Board fundraising capacity
- Write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit development or 5 years in business development plus nonprofit board experience.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or quota of over $1,000,000 annually
- Experience in private and federal grant writing a plus
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement strategic development plan
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts
- Strong partnership building and event planning skills
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
- Good computer skills and knowledge of database programs
- Ability to work with board and Executive Director on development, events, and public relations
How to apply:
Is this you? If so, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 31, 2017
If possible, please also provide grant or marketing samples and URLs of previous promotional sites you have developed.
Do you know someone who is the right fit?
Please contact us to learn more!