As we head into the new year, I would like to take this opportunity to give you a brief overview of some of CHORUS’ key accomplishments in 2017. In addition to reaching the milestone of 400,000 articles reported in CHORUS dashboards, we are excited to report the following highlights:
NEW MEMBERS & AGENCIES:
- Four new members joined CHORUS in 2017 bringing the total number of members to 50. New members include:
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- New England Journal of Medicine/MMA
- Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) signed an agreement to employ CHORUS services to improve access, agency indexing and long-term preservation associated with ODNI/IARPA-funded research.
- JST (Japan Science and Technology Agency) signed an agreement to become CHORUS’ first international agency partner after completion of a successful pilot with Chiba University in Japan. An additional international agency pilot was kicked off with the Australian Research Council along with La Trobe University and Deakin University, due for completion in February of 2018.
- Institution Dashboards launched at Charleston Conference after the successful completion of service pilots at both University of Florida and University of Denver. Chiba University and Johns Hopkins became our first Institution Dashboard customers.
- Direct linking to articles on agency portals including USDOE, NSF, USGS and most recently NLM’s PubMed Central from all dashboards helping all stakeholders with their compliance tracking.
- Susan Pastore joined CHORUS as Business Development Director to grow CHORUS membership and revenue associated with paid services (Institution Dashboards, etc.).
- Mark Robertson joined CHORUS as APAC Business Development Director to grow CHORUS membership, agency partnerships and revenue associated with paid services in Asia Pacific.
- John Linton joined CHORUS part-time to help with strategic communications and marketing.
To follow important developments at CHORUS as they unfold, please visit www.chorusaccess.org and sign-up to receive updates from us.
Howard Ratner, Executive Director