Open to non-publisher organizations and businesses involved in scholarly publishing (fee-based).
Affiliate Members are entitled to the full array of benefits and services CHORUS provides. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to run for our Board of Directors and/or join our working groups, thereby contributing to CHORUS’ governance and helping guide our future. Affiliate Membership also includes a listing and logo on the CHORUS website, as well as other opportunities to promote your membership.
CURRENT AGREEMENT, UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2016
About CHORUS’ Fees
Affiliate Member fees (see current agreement, tables, and notes below) are vital to CHORUS’ success—they cover our lean development and operating expenses. Yet they represent good value for our member businesses and organizations, who will gain increased visibility through participation in this industry-wide effort.
CHORUS is a service run by CHOR, Inc. an independent not-for-profit membership organization. CHOR, Inc. reserves the right to change these fees in the future. For General Affiliate Member Policies, see Membership Agreement.
2018 Affiliate Membership Fees ($US)
- <$2.5m Gross Revenue: $550
- ≤$5m Gross Revenue: $1,100
- ≤$20m Gross Revenue: $5,000
- ≤$50m Gross Revenue: $10,000
- ≤$100m Gross Revenue: $20,000
- ≤$200m Gross Revenue: $35,000
- ≤$500m Gross Revenue: $50,000
- >$500m Gross Revenue: $75,000
Notes on definition of “Gross Revenue”
- Gross Revenue includes all revenue from all the divisions of an organization for all types of activities.
- The Affiliate member is considered to be the largest legal entity rather than a division. Membership fee billing will be done on a calendar year basis.
- Affiliate Members will self-categorize.
Affiliate Member Obligations
- Sign the Affiliate Member Agreement
- Pay your fees to help cover expenses. (see table and notes below)
- Become an Affiliate Member of Crossref and sign up for the Open Funder Registry.
- Provide client services to submit funding related data to Crossref for all new content.
- Provide client services to send public access content reuse License and Embargo metadata to Crossref.
- Provide client services to deposit full text URLs with Crossref.
- Provide client services to send relevant content to associated archiving service such as CLOCKSS and Portico.
- Expand public access from your online platform to provide access to the Best Available Version(s) of articles reporting on funded research (Accepted Manuscript or Version of Record) after an embargo or immediately according to your license terms.
Request Affiliate Membership
Please email email@example.com if you wish to join as an Affiliate Member.