CHORUS is a suite of services and best practices that provide a sustainable solution to deliver open access to published articles reporting on funded research in the United States.
- IDENTIFICATION: Simply naming the funding source during the article submission process adds Crossref’s Open Funder Registry metadata, which triggers open access to the article and minimizes the time researchers have to spend on administrative tasks.
- DISCOVERY: Users can quickly find the latest research articles via funder portals and common search engines, as well as through CHORUS’ search application. CHORUS’ use of open application programming interfaces invites innovators to develop new tools and functionality that further support open access and facilitates text and data mining on articles reporting on funded research.
- ACCESS: CHORUS points users to the best available version of articles — either immediately on publication or after an embargo period — on the publication sites, where they can find essential context, tools, and information.
- COMPLIANCE: Compliance is easy using simple tagging built into the article submission process, while a CHORUS Dashboard application facilitates monitoring and reporting by funders and publishers without adding unnecessary costs and administrative overhead.
- PRESERVATION: CHORUS ensures the integrity and sustainability of the scholarly record through partnerships with CLOCKSS, Portico, and other services that archive and preserve research articles in perpetuity.
CHORUS’ benefits for publishers:
- Uses proven systems that work well with publisher/partner platforms and processes to avoid duplication of effort and expense for open access implementation, archiving, and preservation.
- Ensures quick and easy compliance with funder requirements by your authors.
- Provides dashboard monitoring and reporting to funders and the public.
- Increases traffic on your platform, where users gain access to content in context and on individual publisher terms, to enhance publisher value to users, librarians, and advertisers.
Download the PDF version of CHORUS for Publishers