CHORUS Forum: Improving Scholarly Publishing Metadata
29 September 2022 @ 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT – Free online meeting
When metadata is omitted or incorrectly entered during a scholarly publishing workflow it can have serious consequences for the findability, accessibility, interoperability, and reusability of that item. Transmitting incorrect metadata to others through publication or other means can impact the larger ecosystem. Transformative agreements as well as many other systems and reports are dependent on accurate metadata. Speakers and participants of this CHORUS Forum will address how funders, research administrators, librarians and publishers can work together to improve scholarly publishing metadata.
- Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe, Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Alexander ‘Sasha’ Schwarzman, Content Technology Architect, Optica
- Andrea Medina-Smith, Metadata Librarian, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Marjorie Hlava, Founder, Chairman, President, Access Innovations
- Chris Shillum, Executive Director, ORCID