We are back on! This meeting is now scheduled for July 30 @ 9:00-11:30AM EDT!
We will be back in touch as plans for rescheduling are made.
CHORUS Forum on Open Access Policies and Compliance in a Global Context
When: July 30, 2020
Time: 9:00-11:30 AM EDT
Place: Zoom – details to be sent to registrants
Cost: Free registration!
Join funders, societies, publishers, and academic institutions help senior leadership examine the challenges of public access and open access to publications and data reporting on funded research.
Alix Vance, CHORUS, Chair
The Global Landscape – Beyond the Wave
Moderator: David Crotty, Oxford University Press
Expand your perspective and gain insights into changing global compliance mandates for open and public access on government-funded research.
- Dan Pollock, Delta Think
- Alicia Wise, Director, Information Power
- Yasushi Ogasaka, Director, Department for Information Infrastructure, Japan Science and Technology Agency
Overview of the Flow of Funding & Impact on Universities
Moderator: Howard Ratner
Hear from an institution’s Office of Research about their problems with compliance, what they are doing and why this matters to your organization.
- David Norton or Terra DuBois, University of Florida
The State of Public Access – Panel Discussion – The US Funder Perspective
Moderator: Brooks Hanson, American Geophysical Union
It’s your opportunity to hear from funders on the current and expected state of play from US government agencies.
- Lisa Nichols, Assistant Director for Academic Engagement, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Executive Office of the President
- Andrea Jackson-Dipini, Director of the Division of Scientific Data Sharing Policy in the NIH Office of Science Policy
- Beth Plale, Science Advisor for Public Access, National Science Foundation
- Carly Robinson, OSTI Assistant Director for Information Products and Services, US Department of Energy
We’ll keep you updated about the forum, and follow us on Twitter – @chorusaccess
Any questions about or suggestions for the Forum, please let us know.
Register FOR THE FORUM
* indicates required